The sports clinic are dedicated to injury prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for athletes of all ages and levels, recreational to professional.
Sports injuries classified as either traumatic or overuse injuries. Traumatic injuries occur commonly in contact sports such as football, soccer, and rugby. The speed and high collision nature of these sports result in injuries ranging from bruises and sprains to concussion, fractures, and ligament and tendon damage. There are sixteen major body parts that typically incur traumatic sports injuries. Overuse injuries occur more gradually. As the name suggests, they are the result of overusing a specific part of the body. Runners, for example, commonly experience knee and ankle overuse injuries. Athletic trainers, physicians, surgeons, and coaches work as a sports medicine team whose primary focus is to restore the health of the injured athlete.
Common Sports Injuries include:
- Groin pain and groin strains
- Femoroacetabular impingement of the hip and labral tears
- Achilles tendinitis or tendinopathy
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Ankle ligament injuries
- Anterior ankle impingement (footballers ankle)
- Knee ligament injuries
- Cartilage tears to the knee
- Shoulder injuries & instability
- Elbow instability
- Stabilisation of the Acromio-clavicular joint
- Shoulder labral tears, SLAP-lesions & biceps tendon tears
- Elbow impingement, tennis elbow and golf elbow